Thank you for your interest in the House Natural Resources Committee Democrats internship program. We currently have the following position available:
- Research legislative policy issues
- Attend committee hearings, markups, briefings and meetings
- Coduct background studies
- Perform stakeholder outreach
- Answer phone calls
- Sort and distribute mail
- Compile data and statistics
- Draft correspondence
- Assemble committee documents
- Track House floor proceedings
Committee internships run concurrently with college semesters and/or quarters; from January - April for spring, May - August for summer, and September - December for fall internships. Our office hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Internships are unpaid but may be used for college credit. Interns are responsible for lodging and transportation.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and brief writing sample addressed to Daniel Torrez. Title your email with the subject line "Legislative Internship Application" and send to email@example.com. Please be sure to indicate which semester and/or quarter you're applying for.
We are no longer accepting internship applications for spring and summer 2016.