Oversight: Hearing on "Examining the Department of the Interior's Actions to Eliminate Onshore Energy Burdens"
OVERSIGHT HEARING ON:
- “Examining the Department of the Interior’s Actions to Eliminate Onshore Energy Burdens”
DEMOCRATIC TOPLINE MESSAGES:
- President Trump’s “Energy Dominance” message is simply an extension of his obsession with claiming to be the biggest and having the most of everything.
- The “Energy Burdens” report reads like a wish-list from the oil, gas, and coal industries, and makes it clear that this Administration has no interest in protecting public health, taxpayer money, wildlife, or the environment.
- The Trump Administration has been moving at breakneck speed to roll back commonsense health, safety, and environmental protections and remove all restrictions to drilling and digging on public land at the behest of their billionaire lobbyist friends at Big Oil.
- Republicans on the Natural Resources Committee have performed no meaningful oversight on the Interior Department’s energy agenda, instead acting as cheerleaders and enablers of the Administration’s pro-industry, anti-public-interest agenda.
- Alan Lowenthal
(California 47th District)
- Adobe Acrobat Document Download Statement
Vice President of Land, Legal & RegulatoryWorld Energy Partners, LLC
Director, Government AffairsQEP Resources
Senior Counsel and Director, BLM Action CenterThe Wilderness Society