Legislative: Hearing on Water, Power and Ocean Bills
On Thursday, June 23, 2016, at 10:30 a.m., in room 1334 Longworth House Office Building, the Subcommittee on Water, Power and Oceans held a legislative hearing on the following bills:
- H.R. 5032 (Rep. Dave Brat), To allow certain property in the town of Louisa, Virginia, to be used for purposes related to compliance with water quality standards, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 5430 (Rep. Louie Gohmert), To exempt from the Lacey Act and the Lacey Act Amendments of 1981 certain water transfers between any of the States of Texas, Arkansas, and Louisiana. “Public Water Supply Invasive Species Compliance Act of 2016”;
- H.R. 5468 (Rep. Rob Bishop), To direct the Secretary of the Interior to allow for prepayment of repayment obligations under Repayment Contracts between the United States and the Weber Basin Water Conservancy District; and
- Discussion draft of H.R. ______, To authorize the Pechanga Band of Luiseño Mission Indians Water Rights Settlement, and for other purposes. “Pechanga Band of Luiseño Mission Indians Water Rights Settlement Act”
Mr. Tom Filer
Town ManagerLouisa, VA
- Adobe Acrobat DocumentMr. Tom Filer
Mr. Darren Hess
General ManagerWeber Basin Water Conservancy DistrictLayton, UT
- Adobe Acrobat DocumentMr. Hess
The Honorable Mark Macarro
Tribal ChairmanPechanga Band of Luiseno IndiansTemecula, CA
- Adobe Acrobat DocumentMr. Macarro
Mr. Mike Rickman
Deputy DirectorNorth Texas Municipal Water DistrictWylie, TX
- Adobe Acrobat DocumentMr. Rickman
Dr. David L. Strayer, Ph.D.
Cary Institute of Ecosystem StudiesPlant Science BuildingMillbrook, NY
Ms. Dionne E. Thompson
Deputy Commissioner for External and Intergovernmental AffairsDepartment of the InteriorWashington, D.C.