This Week in Committee: Markup on Seven Public Lands Bills
The Department of the Interior (DOI) Inspector General's office issued a report yesterday afternoon that revealed Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke spent taxpayer funds on a chartered flight for personal reasons. The report concluded that agency officials did not properly vet the use of a $12,375 chartered flight that could have been avoided had the Secretary's staff better-coordinated the timing of the trip.
DOI's careless actions highlights the lack of Committee oversight and the need to hold Secretary Zinke and the administration accountable to existing laws, policies, and practices at the department. Ranking Member Grijalva has requested several oversight hearings and has asked the DOI Office of the Inspector General to look into Secretary Zinke’s questionable actions.
Tuesday, April 17
- Subcommittee on Water, Power, and Oceans: Legislative hearing on three bills at 2:00 p.m. in Longworth 1324
Wednesday, April 18
- Full Committee: Markup of seven bills at 10:15 a.m. in Longworth 1324
- H.R. 788: Target Practice
- H.R. 1026: N. Country Trail
- H.R. 1037: EMS Memorial
- H.R. 2991: Susquehanna NHA
- H.R. 3400: Recreation Red Tape
- H.R. 4069: MBTA AK Natives
- H.R. 4645: E. Rosebud W&S
- Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources: Legislative hearing on H.R. 3846 the POWER Counties Act at 2:00 p.m. in Longworth 1324
Next Article Previous Article