Legislative: Hearing on 4 Federal Lands Bills
LEGISLATIVE HEARING ON:
- H.R. 219 (Rep. Don Young of AK), To correct the Swan Lake hydroelectric project survey boundary and to provide for the conveyance of the remaining tract of land within the corrected survey boundary to the State of Alaska. "Swan Lake Hydroelectric Project Boundary Correction Act"
- H.R. 2630 (Rep. Paul Gosar), To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to convey certain land to La Paz County, Arizona, and for other purposes. "La Paz County Land Conveyance Act"
- H.R. 3373 (Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton), To amend the District of Columbia Stadium Act of 1957 to extend for an additional 50 years the lease under which the government of the District of Columbia uses the ground under and the parking facilities associated with Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium
- H.R. 3607 (Rep. Tom McClintock), To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to establish fees for medical services provided in units of the National Park System, and for other purposes.
DEMOCRATIC TOPLINE MESSAGES:
- While the bills were selected for this hearing without input from committee Democrats, all four bills have bipartisan potential.
- The bills pertain to financial and administrative needs of the National Parks Service and support appropriate community development while maintaining appropriate federal oversight.