Oversight: Hearing on "Deficiencies in the Permitting Process for Offshore Seismic Research"
OVERSIGHT HEARING ON:
- “Deficiencies in the Permitting Process for Offshore Seismic Research”
DEMOCRATIC TOPLINE MESSAGES:
- Republicans will unjustly use a recent GAO report to attack the bedrock environmental laws that protect marine mammals and endangered species.
- Democrats are encouraged to address the bigger picture of Republicans’ never-ending attempt to satisfy the oil and gas industry’s insatiable appetite for fossil fuels by opening every acre of our oceans and coasts to exploration and development.
- The public supports protecting the environment from the destructive spills and on-shore industrialization that inevitably accompanies offshore oil and gas production.
- The Democratic witness, a South Carolina Republican State Senator, can speak to the opposition that exists within his community to Interior’s plan to hand the Atlantic coast over to the fossil fuel industry.
- Alan Lowenthal
(California 47th District)
- Adobe Acrobat Document Download Statement
Acting Director, Bureau of Ocean Energy ManagementU.S. Department of the InteriorWashington , DC
Acting Director, Natural Resources and EnvironmentU.S. Government Accountability OfficeWashington , DC
PartnerStoel Rives LLPSeattle , WA
South Carolina State SenatorDistrict 46 (Beaufort & Jasper Counties)Columbia , SC