MEDIA ADVISORY: Media Opportunities during Congressional Visit to Puerto Rico on June 2-4
Washington, D.C. – This week, from Thursday, June 2, 2022 through Saturday, June 4, 2022, Natural Resources Committee Chair Raúl M. Grijalva (D-Ariz.) and a bipartisan group of Members of Congress, including Rep. Nydia Velázquez (D-N.Y.), Resident Commissioner Jenniffer González-Colón (R-Puerto Rico), and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), will visit Puerto Rico to seek input from members of the public, local political parties, and elected officials on the Puerto Rico Status Act Discussion Draft.
The lawmakers will hold two press conferences during the visit to Puerto Rico:
- Thursday, June 2, 2022, at 5 p.m. at La Fortaleza, San Juan
- Saturday, June 4, 2022 at 1:30 p.m. at Centro de Convenciones, San Juan
The lawmakers will also hold a recently announced public input forum on June 4, 2022, from 3-8:30 p.m. at the Centro de Convenciones in San Juan where members of the public are invited to share their feedback on the Puerto Rico Status Act Discussion Draft. The forum will be open to the press and there will be limited opportunities for interviews with Chair Grijalva as available. Members of the press who wish to attend the public input forum should register at http://www.eventbrite.com/e/350541397757/?discount=press. The livestream of the public input forum will be available here: https://youtu.be/lgO1r19adNI
For any additional questions about media opportunities, please contact Lindsay.Gressard@mail.house.gov.
The full schedule of events for the lawmakers’ visit to Puerto Rico is below. All events are listed in local time.
Thursday, June 2, 2022
- 3:30-5 p.m.: Meet & Greet with Governor of Puerto Rico Pedro R. Pierluisi at La Fortaleza, San Juan (closed press)
- 5 p.m.: Press Conference at La Fortaleza, San Juan
Friday, June 3, 2022
- 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.: Meetings with local political parties at various locations (closed press)
Saturday, June 4, 2022
- 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.: Meetings with local political parties at various locations (closed press)
- 1:30 p.m.: Press conference at Centro de Convenciones, San Juan
- 3-8:30 p.m.: Public Input Forum at Centro de Convenciones, San Juan (open press)
Media Contact: Lindsay Gressard
(202) 225-6065 or (202) 740-4715 mobile
Next Article Previous Article