LIVESTREAM NEXT WEEK: Public Lands Bills on Thursday
Washington, D.C. – The Natural Resources Committee is holding one livestreamed event next week.
THURSDAY, JUNE 23
Subcommittee National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands
The Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands, led by Chair Joe Neguse (D-Colo.), will hold a legislative hearing on the following bills:
- H.R. 2522 (Leger Fernandez), To amend the John D. Dingell, Jr. Conservation, Management, and Recreation Act to establish the Cerro de la Olla Wilderness in the Río Grande del Norte National Monument and to modify the boundary of the Río Grande del Norte National Monument. Cerro De Olla Wilderness Act.
- H.R. 2882 (Horsford), To extend the authorization of the Mormon Pioneer National Heritage Area, to designate the Great Basin National Heritage Route in the State of Nevada as the “Great Basin National Heritage Area”, to designate the Great Basin Heritage Route Partnership as the “Great Basin Heritage Area Partnership”, to extend the authorization of the Great Basin National Heritage Area, and for other purposes. Great Basin National Heritage Area and Mormon Pioneer National Heritage Area Extension Act.
- H.R. 5355 (Obernolte), To convey certain Federal land in California to Apple Valley, California, Twentynine Palms, California, Barstow, California, and Victorville, California. Desert Community Lands Act.
- H.R. 6240 (Stewart), To release the reversionary interest of the United States in certain non-Federal land in Salt Lake City, Utah, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 7509 (DeFazio), To expand certain land administered by the Bureau of Land Management and Forest Service in the State of Oregon as wilderness and a national recreation area, and for other purposes. Wild Rogue Conservation and Recreation Enhancement Act.
Panel I: Congressional Panel
- Rep. Teresa Leger Fernandez (H.R. 2522), New Mexico, 3rd District
- Rep. Steven Horsford (H.R. 2882), Nevada, 4th District
- Rep. Chris Stewart (H.R. 6240), Utah, 2nd District
- Rep. Peter DeFazio (H.R. 7509), Oregon, 4th District
Panel II: Expert Witness Panel
- Ms. Darlene Vigil (H.R. 2522), District 3 Commissioner, Taos County, Arizona
- Mr. Dean Finnerty (H.R. 7509), Northwest Director, Angler Conservation Program, Trout Unlimited
- Other witnesses TBA
When: 10:00 a.m. Eastern time
Watch Live: https://youtu.be/e2DttH627Vs
Media Contact: Lindsay Gressard
(202) 225-6065 or (202) 740-4715 mobile
Next Article Previous Article