LIVESTREAMS NEXT WEEK: Markup on Thursday, Puerto Rico Disaster Reconstruction and Power Grid Oversight on Friday
Washington, D.C. – The Natural Resources Committee is holding two livestreamed events next week.
FULL COMMITTEE MARKUP
The full Committee, led by Chair Raúl M. Grijalva (D-Ariz.), will hold a markup to resume debate and vote on amendments and final passage for the following bill:
- H.R. 4690 (Huffman), To reauthorize and amend the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, and for other purposes. Sustaining America’s Fisheries for the Future Act of 2021.
When: Thursday, September 29, 10:00 a.m. Eastern
Watch Live: https://youtu.be/0nwHCfEpnB4
FULL COMMITTEE (OFFICE OF INSULAR AFFAIRS)
**POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE**
The full Committee, led by Chair Raúl M. Grijalva (D-Ariz.), will hold an oversight hearing titled, Puerto Rico’s Post-Disaster Reconstruction & Power Grid Development.
The Committee will testimony from key stakeholders regarding federal and local post-disaster reconstruction efforts in Puerto Rico following recent natural disaster, such as Hurricane Irma, Hurricane Maria, the 2020 earthquakes, and Hurricane Fiona. The hearing will also focus on the restoration and modernization of Puerto Rico’s power grid.
- The Honorable Pedro Pierluisi, Governor of Puerto Rico
- Mr. Manuel Laboy, Executive Director, Central Office for Recovery, Reconstruction, and Resiliency (COR3)
- Mr. Josué Colón, Executive Director, Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA)
- Mr. Edison Avilés-Deliz, Chair, Puerto Rico Energy Bureau (PREB)
- Mr. Wayne Stensby, President & CEO, LUMA Energy Corporation
- Ms. Ruth Santiago, Attorney & Environmental Policy Expert
- Ms. Ingrid Vila Biaggi, President, CAMBIO
When: Friday, September 30, 9:30 a.m. Eastern time
Watch Live: https://youtu.be/ir2e-mG9w04
Media Contact: Lindsay Gressard
202-225-6065 | cell: 202-740-4715
Next Article Previous Article